Testifying in Court:
Direct and Cross-Examination
Thursday, January 27, 2022
12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
In this webinar, Anita and Dave will cover:
- How to prepare for court;
- What to expect in direct examination;
- What to expect in cross-examination;
- A demonstration of a portion of a direct examination and a cross-examination.
Why You Should Attend:
- Learn how the defence will fight back;
- Learn investigation and file management tips to help strengthen your case in and out of court;
- Know your authority as a BEO and how to use it;
- Learn how to prevent costly mistakes and save money!
Anita Szabo, Q.C. is Senior Associate Counsel at Dominion GovLaw. Anita is a former Crown Counsel and City of Calgary prosecutor with over 35 years of experience in regulatory compliance and enforcement.
Dave LaBerge is the Manager of Community Safety for the City of Nanaimo. Prior to joining the City in 2018, he spent 33 years with the RCMP, working in the major crime, economic crime and drug crime units, and finishing in bike patrol, where he dealt with homelessness, mental illness, and encampments on a regular basis.
Cost & Registration
$125.00 (+taxes) per person/computer
For those with 3 to 9 attendees. $350.00 (+taxes)*
For those with 10 to 20 attendees. $1000.00 (+taxes)*
*Attendees must be from same Local Government, Public Authority, Detachment or Ministry.
To book your spot, please register using the form on the right. For further information, call (250) 590-1840.