GovLaw advocates a kinder, gentler but effective approach to compliance.
GovLaw’s regulatory compliance includes:
- Bylaw, safety, health, police and other public law offences
- Repeat and persistent regulatory offenders
- Business contraventions
- Property offences
- Unlawful tree-cutting and environmental damage
- Buildings, unsightly property, graffiti, nuisances and hazards
- Dangerous dogs and animal regulation
- Unlawful encampments, trespass and homelessness prevention
- Short-term rentals and land-use contraventions
- Child and adult care facilities compliance
GovLaw provides proactive service as follows:
- Drafting and amending regulations, bylaws, contracts and covenants
- Licensing businesses and other activity
- Judicial reviews and Court appeals
- Governance, conflict of interest, elections and policies
- Freedom of information and protection of privacy issues
- Intergovernmental relations and negotiations
- Training and empowering regulatory enforcement officers, including bylaw, police/RCMP, health, provincial and public authorities
Lawyers and Prosecutors
GovLaw’s litigators have a wide range of experience providing legal opinions, public policy, media and strategic advice to clients across BC.
GovLaw is the legal counsel to the License Inspectors’ and Bylaw Officers’ Association of British Columbia (“LIBOA”).