Get the latest news from the GovLaw Globe, GovLaw’s newsletter.
Receive our Newsletter
204 – 4430 Chatterton Way
Victoria BC V8X 5J2
Tel: (250) 590-1840
Next Live Webinars
We will announce our Fall 2023/Winter 2024 webinars soon.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive topical articles and information to assist your compliance and enforcement needs.
- Issuing Violation Tickets for Price Gouging During COVID-19: What You Need To KnowOctober 27, 2020 - 10:46 pm
- Local Governments Bite Back!August 9, 2019 - 10:17 pm
- Fast and Furious: Evicting Tent Cities QuicklyMay 8, 2017 - 10:03 pm
- Municipality Cracks Down on Nuisance DogsJanuary 3, 2023 - 10:00 am
- 5 Myths of Conflict of Interest for Candidates and Elected OfficialsMarch 9, 2022 - 8:30 pm
- Provincial Court Municipal Prosecutors: An Alternative to the Provincial CrownJanuary 20, 2022 - 8:21 pm
Issuing Violation Tickets for Price Gouging During COVID-19: What You Need To Know
The Bottom Line As of April 19, 2020, the Province granted Bylaw Enforcement Officers the authority to issue violation tickets for certain offences related to price gouging and reselling during COVID-19. However, Consumer Protection BC will continue to be the main point of contact, to receive and investigate complaints and reach out to other enforcement […]
Local Governments Bite Back!
The License Inspectors’ and Bylaw Officers’ Association of British Columbia (“LIBOA”) represented local government Animal Control Officers as an intervenor in Santics v. Cristofoli (the Animal Control Officer for the City of Vancouver) (“Santics”). Legal counsel Troy DeSouza (representing LIBOA) and Robert LeBlanc (representing the City of Vancouver) represented local government perspectives at the appeal hearing. They […]
Fast and Furious: Evicting Tent Cities Quickly
GovLaw filed the Petition to remove the tent city encampment in the City of Duncan on April 10, 2017. On April 18, 2017, Mr. Justice Mackenzie granted the Order. For those keeping score, it took the Province of B.C. eight months to remove the tent city at the Victoria Courthouse in 2016. It took the […]