Case Law Update
Thursday, April 29th, 2021
12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
In this webinar, Jarrett Plonka will discuss the latest legal cases important to local governments, elected officials, regulatory and enforcement staff.
The legal topics covered include:
- How local governments can use their administrative powers more effectively – and succeed in court!
- Some “breathing room” for elected officials worried about conflict of interest.
- Recent jurisdictional conflicts between provincial and local governments.
- How “rental only” bylaws have been considered – and upheld.
- The limits of Vavilov, how it has been use against local governments – and how to avoid the same traps!
- New practical tips for the effective prosecution of your tickets.
Why You Should Attend:
- Learn the latest case law affecting local governments and explained in a way you can understand.
- Jarrett’s webinars feature the best memes out of any webinar you will attend this year!
- Are you a staff lawyer? This webinar has been approved for one hour of CPD credit.
Jarrett Plonka is a municipal prosecutor and civil litigator at GovLaw with many years of complex trial practice. Jarrett is also a past instructor of many courses, including the civil procedure course at the University of Victoria Law School.
Cost & Registration
$125.00 (+taxes) per person/computer
For those with 3 to 9 attendees. $350.00 (+taxes)*
For those with 10 to 20 attendees. $1000.00 (+taxes)*
*Attendees must be from same Local Government, Public Authority, Detachment or Ministry.
To book your spot, please register using the form on the right. For further information, call (250) 590-1840.