Is this our Waterloo for Tent Cities? The Regional Municipality of Waterloo v. Persons Unknown
Thursday, March 2, 2023
12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
In this webinar, Troy will cover:
- A deep-dive into the precedent-setting decision of The Regional Municipality of Waterloo v. Persons Unknown;
- Key takeaways – No tents can be removed without shelter accommodation. Yes, they went there. Is that the law?
- How the ruling applies in BC;
- Supreme Court divergence from BC appellate decisions;
- What is the effect of Waterloo on encampments and housing in BC?
- Ignoring the real issues of drug/alcohol addictions, mental illness and crime;
- Proliferation of tent cities in all communities, regardless of size of municipality or downtown locations;
- Low-cost housing moving into rural residential areas, and in RVs and trailers;
- Will the decriminalization of hard drugs in BC increase or decrease encampments?
- How you can prepare for the next tent city in your community and manage its removal.
Why You Should Attend:
Troy DeSouza is a lawyer, a well-known province-wide expert in regulatory law, bylaw compliance and law enforcement, and an honourary lifetime member of LIBOA. Troy’s presentations are dynamic, informative, educational, and empowering.
Cost & Registration
For those with 1 to 2 attendees: $125.00 (+taxes) per person/computer
Join as a larger group for cost-effective group rates!
For those with 3 to 6 attendees: $350.00 (+taxes)*
For those with 7 to 12 attendees: $700.00 (+taxes)*
For those with 13 to 20 attendees: $1100.00 (+taxes)*
*Attendees must be from the same Local Government, Public Authority, Detachment or Ministry.
To book your spot, please register using the form on the right. For further information, call (250) 590-1840.