Get the comprehensive summary of LFI prosecutions from the expert on bylaw enforcement!
This is a new webinar focusing on the second most popular court compliance option for local government law enforcement.
You will learn “the 5 W’s of LFIs” and how they compare with civil injunctions plus:
- The statutory scope and scheme of LFIs;
- The new $50k max fine (big jump for municipalities from $10k during COVID-19 summer);
- Consent plea orders to resolve 9 out of 10 cases quickly and cheaply;
- Legal costs are not assessed against local government if prosecution unsuccessful;
- No requirement for Board or Council approval;
- The 6 month limitation and other Catch-22’s; and
- Catch & Comply program for repeat offenders.
What You Get:
- The big picture view of the #2 court compliance option for local governments
- A PDF handout outlining LFI steps and comparison with civil injunctions
- Q&A to answer your legal questions
Who Should Attend:
- CAOs, Managers, Planners, Building Officials, License Inspectors and Bylaw Officers
- Any enforcement officer, police, staff member or elected official who is considering this public prosecution option
Why You Should Attend:
- Choose how to conduct effective LFI prosecutions
- Compare and consider the best court compliance option
- Get expert advice – “Nobody does it better” than GovLaw … played to Carly Simon’s theme song from The Spy Who Loved Me
Troy DeSouza is lawyer and honourary lifetime member of LIBOA (the Licence Inspectors’ and Bylaw Officers’ Association of British Columbia) and a well-known province-wide expert in regulatory law, bylaw compliance and law enforcement procedure at Dominion GovLaw LLP.
Troy’s presentations are dynamic, informative, educational, and empowering.
Cost & Registration
$125.00 (+taxes) per person/computer
Group Rate for those with three or more attendees. $350.00 (+taxes)
To book your spot, please sign up and pay using the form on the right. For further information, call (250) 590-1840.