Elements of the Offence:
Beating the Defence at Their Own Game
Thursday, November 25th, 2021
12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
In this webinar, Jordan and Kevin will cover:
- Long Form Information Prosecutions, Municipal Ticket Informations, and Bylaw Notices;
- The elements of an offence, and how to ensure you have a strong case for court;
- Examples of how the defence will break down your case in court;
- Cases affecting the limits of your authority under the Community Charter and the Local Government Act.
Why You Should Attend:
- Learn how the defence will fight back;
- Learn investigation and file management tips to help strengthen your case in and out of court;
- Know your authority as a BEO and how to use it;
- Learn how to prevent costly mistakes and save money!
Jordan McKay worked as an Associate at an established criminal defence and civil litigation law firm in Edmonton before returning to Victoria. Jordan’s defence background has been invaluable to our clients’ prosecutions.
Kevin Mitchell has an extensive litigation background in criminal and regulatory offences, appearing before both provincial and superior courts.
Cost & Registration
$125.00 (+taxes) per person/computer
For those with 3 to 9 attendees. $350.00 (+taxes)*
For those with 10 to 20 attendees. $1000.00 (+taxes)*
*Attendees must be from same Local Government, Public Authority, Detachment or Ministry.
To book your spot, please register using the form on the right. For further information, call (250) 590-1840.