Case Law Update
Thursday, September 28, 2023
12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
In this webinar, Sunny Uppal will discuss the latest legal cases important to local governments, elected officials, regulatory and enforcement staff.
The legal topics covered include:
- When does a letter written by a municipality constitute a decision that is subject to judicial review;
- Examples of unreasonable interpretations of tree cutting bylaws;
- Recent case-law on contempt applications;
- Court orders that require individuals to remove structures but fail to provide a timeline in which those structures are to be removed;
- Case-law on what constitutes a home-based business; and
- The duties and powers of a municipality to enforce bylaws.
Sunny Uppal is an Associate at GovLaw. He comes to us from a well-known developers firm and provides a valuable perspective to our clients in anticipating bylaw challenges. Sunny prides himself on finding practical solutions to complex legal problems.
Cost & Registration
For those with 1 to 2 attendees: $125.00 (+taxes) per person/computer
Join as a larger group for cost-effective group rates!
For those with 3 to 6 attendees: $350.00 (+taxes)*
For those with 7 to 12 attendees: $700.00 (+taxes)*
For those with 13 to 20 attendees: $1100.00 (+taxes)*
*Attendees must be from the same Local Government, Public Authority, Detachment or Ministry.
To book your spot, please register using the form on the right. For further information, call (250) 590-1840.
Register for this Webinar
"*" indicates required fields